February 18, 2020

Dean Perkins has come back with a vengeance to easily claim the final race of the weekend at Manfeild. However his run to the flag was made fractionally easier due to Angus Fogg Racing starting from pit lane.

During the warmup lap Fogg felt a vibration so he pitted to have it checked and had to start from that zone.

This meant that the front fight was with Perkins, Boote and Honnor, with Fogg having to treat it like a handicap race.

Perkins was the one to take the lead from green, and he never relinquished it showing express pace - something that had been missing all weekend.

“It’s pissed us off” he said post race, “We found out that the oil temp gauge was giving a false reading all weekend which was a major reason for me to not go so hard. That with old tyres cost us dearly but I was happy to go back to full throttle for that race!”

Further back while Fogg was chasing everyone down, Dean Hansen was staying clean and holding position, doing everything possible to maintain his Championship lead.

As the final lap got closer Fogg had moved into 4th position past Hansen and was now chasing Boote and Honnor - both of whom had been trading places amongst themselves.

As the final lap came into play the drama also arrived. Fogg slid past Honnor into a 3rd place podium position and was on the cusp of getting around Boote before disaster struck.

Honnor came into the same turn way too hot, locked up his brakes started to spin his car. The unfortunate side effect is that he ended up spinning into Fogg sending them both into the gravel trap.

Honnor was able to quickly rejoin but Fogg took much longer and had to settle for a finish further back in the field.

For Group 2 Championship leader Shane Holland, he was lucky to get away with no loss of points as he coasted across the finish line with a lack of fuel in the engine.

But the race belonged to Perkins who will now reset to make life hard for all the other drivers at the final round with the Supercars at Hampton Downs.

Back to News